We are looking to hire a passionate and creative Press Officer (PR Account Manager level) to work on a key new account in the world of professional sport. We are a growing communications agency which began in October 2016, with global clients across the sports and lifestyle sectors.
Our ideal new team member will be an excellent PR with strong experience: they get excited seeing positive client coverage in both the traditional and digital media. You will have an eye for what makes a good story with the ability to sell into media on an international, national and story-specific level.
An understanding and passion for environmental sustainability is important for this role. The primary focus will be Press Officer to a top international sailing team which involves maximising the opportunities with the team to raise awareness of environmental issues and restoring the health of our oceans and promoting sustainable solutions and ocean health to millions of fans, teams and marine communities worldwide.
We need someone who is highly organised, confident, with exceptional time management skills and attention to detail. The right person will have excellent inter-personal skills, able to work closely both with the team and the client. A self-starter and able to work independently at times, they will need to multi-task and work under pressure in this fast-paced environment.
There will be lots of international travel, sometimes for up to four weeks at a time. Additional languages, particularly French, will be of use. Mother-tongue English is a necessity.
- Have strong international media relations experience and contacts in lifestyle and sport
- Be confident in driving forward the project plan
- Understand how to create impactful stories
- Be comfortable working across multiple markets and operating remotely with an international team
- Have a passion for sustainability and creating an impact for our client through earned media coverage
- Be knowledgeable on and connected with a wide spectrum of international broadcast, print, online and social media influencers and journalists
- Have confidence in writing creative copy for press releases, newsletters and stories around a multitude of topics for the team website
- Not be afraid to pick up the phone and pitch in a story
- Ideally have experience working with sport and lifestyle clients
- Able to build relationships with senior stakeholders, clients and team members
- Commercially aware of new business opportunities
- Travel extensively and be away from home for prolonged periods of time
- Day to day media liaison across sport, with a focus in sailing, and lifestyle media
- Coordinating wider account team to deliver against communications plan
- Creation of proactive and creative media opportunities
- A proactive approach in the development and creation of client content
- Writing of press releases, newsletters and sport & sustainability articles
- Client management and reporting
- 4-5 years’ experience within sport and lifestyle PR
- Strong editorial skills and creative expression through written copy, presentations and video content
- Strong processes around management of media lists, client reporting, media analytics and evaluation
- Proven social and digital understanding
- Clear understanding of what makes exceptional work: consistently delivering for the client with robust agency best practices
- Ability to flex with the requirements of the role – from high level client exposure to more mundane but important administrative requirements
- Must be personable, proactive, flexible and organised
- Assured but modest in the presence of the agency team and client
- Entrepreneurial spirit - an ability to shape the future
- An individual who is respected through the quality of their work and willingness to go above and beyond
- A good team player and an energetic personality who the team and client love working with
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days holiday (not including Bank holidays)
- A company commitment to training and development
- Refer a friend and new business incentives
- The ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Start date: immediate for the right candidate
Send your CV and 100 words selling yourself as a product to this email address. Please no cover letters.